Author Topic: Unique/Weird Items  (Read 1733 times)

LordSkys

• Moth
  • Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions
    • View Profile
Unique/Weird Items
« on: January 23, 2019, 02:59:50 PM »
So, looking around the book and in actual games, there are weird one off items that don't have stats or real uses.

How would you use these items in game?

Do they have charges? Are they fragile? Do they actually have a use? What about other things?

I would think each would work differently for sure.

Examples:
The Detoxin runner's trumpet
Slingshots
Winter clothes

Please give me more suggestions as items and/or how you might use them.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising every time we fall" - Confucius

"I got you, bro" - The Blight

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caretaker of Skys Gear Solutions. Custom weapons, tech, and gear at fair wholesale prices.

Laughing Penguin

• Taker
    • View Profile
Re: Unique/Weird Items
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 07:23:18 PM »
I'm trying to come up with similar costs for an item in my game: an expensive violin that one of the takers keeps as part of her backstory as a musician. Unfortunately her last Crumble has her seriously addicted to Soma, and now the upkeep cost has her thinking of selling it. Aside from the humanity hit this would involve, not sure how to gague it's worth in game terms...

CodeBlue

• Moth
    • View Profile
    • The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 11:58:44 PM »
for the violin, its worth shit to a taker, it could be a score of its own to someone in the recession, otherwise, just roll Black for bounty in the area, like with most scrounged goods.
Code Blue - Owner of "Latents for Less".  We're still human.  We still need care.

www.guidesmegaverse.podbean.com
The Guides to the Megaverse(tm) Podcast

One Bounty. Two Crypto

Dadalos

• Ubiq Admin.
  • Specializes in logistics and overthinking things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 11:27:21 PM »
for the violin, its worth shit to a taker, it could be a score of its own to someone in the recession, otherwise, just roll Black for bounty in the area, like with most scrounged goods.

also there's an upkeep to consider, strings and rosin arnt super common as well as other considerations for an Instrument.  :)
now is that saying you cant have one? heavens no, but its another thing to think about XD. whats worth more today?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."